When Brad called to tell us he had been accepted at the University of Washington dental school, I was talking on the phone to my mom. My cell phone rang and I ignored it. Next I got the call waiting beep on my home phone. I ignored it. When my cell phone began ringing again, I said to mom, "I better answer it. Brad must really need something." After I got done shrieking, he said, "I knew you were on the phone so I was just going to keep dialing until you picked up."
Steve was having his teeth cleaned at the dentist and didn't answer his phone either, so I told Brad to text him. That way he'd get the message and he could share the good news with Reid, our dentist and friend. Unfortunately Steve didn't see the text until Reid had left the office to accompany his son, Spencer, on a wrestling trip.
Then Brad said, "Why don't you come over and celebrate?" We thought about it for about five minutes and decided why not. We were in Portland by five and dining at McCormick and Schmick's by 6:30. What fun to celebrate a huge day in Brad's life! Not only was he accepted to one of the top dental schools in the nation, he was selected in the second round. Kind of like the NFL draft, don't you think?
The flight over was so clear that we could see Mt. Hood way before we got to Tri-Cities, and had a crytal clear view of Mt. Rainier from way out to the east. It was like you could see forever. There were these really spacey looking clouds hanging down over Mt. Rainier. They looked like they came right out of the Jetsons.
Then today we hit the mall in downtown Portland at 9:30 right when they opened up and we shopped like maniacs for an hour and a half. We got some awesome presents for everyone. I was smiling all the way to Brad and Rendy's where we picked up some presents for her family to take back to Clarkston.
Last but not least.... it was the Clarkston Christmas parade today. I was blinking back tears before I even got out of the car. You know how I Iove the Christmas parade, hokey as it is. Favorite entry: The Grantham Marimba Band!
The Folsoms and Williams came up for soup and sandwiches with gingerbread for dessert. We broke out the tone chimes after dinner. As soon as Dad opened up the case those kids couldn't get their hands on them fast enough. It was pretty fun.
It has been a super day. I feel oh so jolly tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment