Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bad luck/Good luck

Today I was going to walk to the church to help decorate for the ward party. It was a good day -- the sky was blue, the temperature in the 50's. It would have been a perfect way to get in my exercise and help the Activities Committee at the same time. Too bad I wasted so much time trying to download an audio book on my MP3 player that I didn't have time to walk.

It was good I drove though. After decorating Luan Child and I sat in the car and used the CD player to choose new choir music to purchase. Too bad I left the key turned on so long the car wouldn't start.
Don't you just love that sinking feeling when you turn the key and get nothing more than a faint hum? It was good feeling to know I wasn't the last one left in the parking lot. I thought of walking home which would have been exercise. Too bad the clouds had rolled in and the wind was howling. It was good though because Steve was just finishing up his golf game. Too windy! He came and rescued me. Too bad we didn't have the jumper cables in the Suburban anymore. Good thing we could find them in the garage.

Sure enough when we checked the battery it was the original and had been leaking and had gone bad. Good thing the alternator charged it up enough to get us to Costco and back home where Steve fixed it for me before he left town. So, good luck or bad luck? You tell me.

3 comments:

Al and Ash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Al and Ash said...

Good Luck! Bad luck is when you only have one car and the battery dies...Then you've got yourself a big mess!

Heather said...

Good Luck! Christmas Miracles