
That's Mt. Hood in the distance peeking up through the clouds. What a sight as we flew toward Corvallis this morning! When we got to the airport Steve had to click the radio button to turn the runway lights on so we could find it with the light covering of snow on the ground. The biggest hurdle was whether we'd be able to pull the plane into the hanger with snow on the ground. With a little heave ho, we got 'er done.
Next we played "Skate with Cars" and nearly had a minor fender bender at the stop light when the car in front of us couldn't get traction. Tonight we felt like teriyaki for dinner, but alas, the restaurant closed at 6:00 due to the weather. Crazy! We ate lasagna instead and then shopped for some last minute gifts. We were shopping independently at Target and when we got back together Steve said, "I found the perfect gift... a _______." I was laughing because I had been looking all over the store to tell him I'd had the best idea and it was the same thing. Great minds think alike.
Sounds like there's more snow and cold on the way. Not good news for winter haters.
Grandma is getting better every day. She's pretty much discarded the walker and doesn't like using the cane. It's been two weeks and she seems to be right on schedule with her recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment