Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wal-Mart -- Here I Come

Two weeks after the grand opening of our new Super Wal-Mart, I finally needed something bad enough to go there. The pressing crowds have disappeared, but that darn four way stop at the entrance to Costco is still creating a bottleneck that just has to go. There were cars backed up all the way to the intersection behind Albertsons, and there wasn'teven any traffic waiting to get out of the parking lots. Hopefully someone will address it soon.

Well, it's big. I'm not sure it has a lot more in it than the other Wal-Mart though. The gal at the gas pump said as much yesterday, and I have to agree. I did find the mini clothespins I was looking for, so I can't be too hard on the store.

I've never been very anti Wal-Mart. It was a good one stop place to get what I needed. With this new store it's going to be wait and see for me. The meat section was well stocked, the bakery racks full and the produce brimming. It looked like way too much food for the number of shoppers. It will probably be like everything else in the valley. Remember RiteAid? Long rows partly full of merchandise. Even the candy aisle was partially empty last time I was in there.

I'm waiting. But while I wait I guess I'll have to shop at the super stores in Las Vegas since they dominate the shopping scene. I don't know. I still love Food City. It's my kind of place. Maybe I'll go get a slurpy right now.

No comments: