Yesterday we drove to Spokane to make a quickie visit with Brad and Rendy. Last night we had dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Dylan had mac and cheese with a fruit bar for dessert -- perfect kid cuisine!
Steve and I stayed at The Madison Inn near Sacred Heart Hospital. This morning we got up early and drove downtown with the plan of walking to Cafe Morran for breakfast. We pulled into a metered parking space and I emptied all my coins into it before I realized I didn't have enough change to get us through the meal. So we got back in our car chalking it up as a contribution to Spokane's economy, drove three blocks and parked for free. We had a beautiful walk through Browne's Addition to the cafe where Steve ate corned beef hash and I had a bacon/egg/toast sandwich thing.
Just as we finished, Brad called and we met him for a tour of his campus. He showed me a cadaver. Steve squeamishly walked to the other end of the room until it was safely zipped back in its case.
Brad's recovering from the N1H1 virus, so he went home to rest. We saw their super cute apartment, gathered up Rendy, Dylan and Scarlett and headed to Riverfront Park.
Can I just say that I have waited YEARS to ride the carousel again. While we waited in line my stomach was fluttering with excitement. Yes, it was as fun as I remembered it. Dylan and Scarlett were both a little scared as the horses picked up speed, but by the third ride they were pros. And yes, I did ride three times. I can die happy now.
24 hours later we pulled into our driveway. It's been the perfect week. Work, the anniversary dinner, helping with the funeral, the temple -- all topped off with a fun day with Dyl, Scarlett, Brad and Rendy.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you guys made it up. I'll take a look at the carousel pics tonight.
Post a Comment