Thursday, September 17, 2009

Insomnia

1:09 a.m. Still awake.

I have eaten 1 banana, 1 bag of microwave popcorn, three glasses of water, read five chapters of No-Man's Land (one man's travels in the footsteps of Odysseus), turned on the fan, turned off the fan and remade the bed twice.

I even recited the 13th Articles of Faith which usually works wonders. Somewhere down there in the "we believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers and magistrates" the brain usually shuts down and surrenders to sweet nothingness. Not tonight. Got clear through "...if there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

Even though my eyes were closed, my brain still stood at attention, remembering every detail. Drat!

So here I sit.

1:19 a.m.

tick, tick, tick, tick...

Night can be so long.

1 comment:

Rendy Tucker said...

Brutal. We had a rough night too. Dylan has been having bad dreams and wants to cuddle.