Sunday, September 27, 2009

Good-byes

Today we were both released from our callings. We said we'd be back, but who knows how things will eventually play out. I told Steve that I can't go into this move with the attitude of "I'm only here temporarily." I feel like I have to jump into the new ward with both feet and dig in some roots. I guess I don' t have vagabond blood. I need to be planted somewhere with people to love and serve in order to really feel happy.

There are two piles growing on the bed -- stuff to go to Albany, some of which will eventually end up at Quiet Peeps, and the other pile that's going to Vegas on Wednesday. Between the different climates and season changes, it's a little hard to know what to take.

Steve thought I was nuts, but last trip he hauled both volumes of the New Oxford English Dictionary to Vegas for me. First things first. A girl just has to have her books!

I'm mostly past the sadness now -- just excited to be on our way into this new adventure.

By the way.... Jen won 1st place in the Black Diamond Endurance Duathlon yesterday! Yahoo!

No comments: