Monday, June 28, 2010

Halloween cookies

Dylan's been begging to make sugar cookies ever since I showed him the ABC cookie cutters last Thursday. Today after we put Scarlett down for a nap I made a batch of dough while Dylan read riddles to me from a book. He was amazed that I knew all the answers. Gee, we've only done them 30 times!

Anyway, we washed our hands, dumped the cookie cutters out on the counter, and I picked up a good sized wad of dough. There was a black speck on it which I picked off. Hmmm, wonder what that was. Then I saw another black speck. A bigger one. I broke the dough open and found a secret ingredient -- a dead spider. Augghhhhhhh!

Of course we threw that batch out and made a new one. I'm glad I saw it before I bit into a sugar-topped reindeer only to find I was right in the middle of Halloween.

Sorry to gross you out. Life happens.

1 comment:

Heather said...

yuck!you're such a great grandma!!