Friday, June 18, 2010

Cockroach

I haven't been too squeamish about cockroaches here in Vegas. Steve keeps the house sprayed and occasionally I find a dead one on the floor or in the garage. Coming back from our 10 day trip yesterday we found several dead ones on the tile. That's exactly how I like them.

Last night we swam in the pool and then sat on the deck while I talked to my sisters on the phone. Then we went upstairs to get ready for bed. We had just turned back the covers and I had just climbed up on the bed when a cockroach ran right along the line of the turned back bedding. Steve (brave man that he is) scooped it up and flushed it down the toilet.

OK, so we have several scenarios here.

1) Cockroaches have invaded the upstairs.
2) Mr. Cockroach came in on one of our towels which we had momentarily laid on the bed.
3) Mr. Cockroach caught a ride up clinging to our swimming suits.

None of these options are making me too happy. Every time I got up in the night I was afraid I might step on one in the dark.

I used to be so oblivious to danger.

1 comment:

Rendy Tucker said...

You are a braver woman than I! Brad and I would have been in big trouble if that were us. One- because I know he'd NEVER scoop up a cockroach, and two- because I wouldn't get in that bed for the life of me. I would probably have ended up sleeping on the couch or whatever location seemed the most safe. :) Even if that location were a hotel.