Today I hung clothes out on the line. Ahhhhh....summer at its best. I love squeezing the clothespins, the smooth feel of the wood and the spring of the mechanism. I love double pinning two garments together to save space. I love the way they lift and sway in the breeze, the crisp warmth as I gather them from the line and bury my nose in their fragrance.
My small clothesline is just enough to do the "hang to dry" items. It would be glorious to have a real clothesline where sheets and tablecloths could billow in the wind. And bees. In this perfect scene there are always bees working the clover in the lawn, buzzing between the lines of drying clothes on their way to manufacture honey.
So here's to clotheslines, summer and bees.
If you would like to read more about clotheslines, here's a lovely poem:
Love Calls Us to the Things of The World by Richard Wilbur
1 comment:
Ahh. I too, love clotheslines. My grandma always had all of her laundry out when I was a kid. I'm thinking Seattle isn't the best place for one though. . .
Post a Comment