Last night we took a guy Steve knows from the Halsey mill to dinner. He and his wife are in Vegas for a vacation, so we thought it would be nice to hook up with them. Not having been to many restaurants on the strip, we chose to eat at Border Grill at Mandalay Bay. Both of the men ordered the same dish, pork roast slowed cooked in banana leaves.
About halfway through dinner the other guy just stopped eating. I asked Steve if the food was very spicy, thinking perhaps it was too hot for the other guy. He said it wasn't. Both Steve and I thought he didn't like his meal. A little while later he showed us what had turned his appetite off. He pulled a coarse, black hair up out of his meat. Needless to say, we were all grossed out.
Steve called the waitress over, and she took the dish back to the kitchen. A few minutes later she returned to tell us that it was a fiber from the banana leaf. She brought out another banana leaf to show us the fibers. He took his dish back and ate the rest. I don't know. Once I thought I had hair in my food I don't know if I could get around it and enjoy the rest of the food.
In the meantime, Jen and Ed were arriving at our house along with the other guys who are attending the handgun training this weekend. They let themselves in with the security code and looked around the house for any sign that this really was our house. I guess I should put a family picture somewhere because the clues were few and far between. Thank goodness for the picture of 6 year old Heather that's still hanging on the fridge.
Today Jen and I are going to have a ton of fun! You just wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment