This afternoon Steve and I went out to Floyd Lamb State Park for the Las Vegas Scottish Festival and Highland games.
There was a group from Ireland competing which included a woman who is the 2009 World Champion. There were four world champions who competed today. One of the judges was from Scotland and had an impressive light blue uniform and smoked a pipe. I told Steve it was a little like being at the American Kennel Club Dog Show and not knowing a thing about how the judging worked. It was enjoyable anyway.
Mary Queen of Scots -- Rightful Heir to the Throne of England
I didn't take any pictures, but we also enjoyed watching them toss the caber which is basically a tree trunk, and put the stone. One especially interesting event is "the weight over bar." It consists of heaving a 56 lb. weight that looks like a cow bell over a pole vault bar. They were up to 14 feet when we left. Impressive!
I'm a sucker for pagantry. Loved it!
Then....
I opened the pool and inched my way in. It wasn't too bad!
Mark this day. It's the first time I have EVER got in the water before Steve.
5 comments:
What a fun day! You're going to have a great time in the pool - nice work.
Looks fun. The pool looks enticing!
It was enticing, but after we got out we were really itchy and found out that the chemicals were all out of whack. Boo!
Did you cry when the bagpipes played? Knowing your tendency to do so, I would thing the Highland Games would be a risky place to go. :)
Also, I've been meaning to tell you that I got Scarlett two shirts with Peeps on them. Boy do I love Old Navy clearance- one says "Give Peeps a Chance" and has a peace sign made out of peeps, the other says "Peeps Out" with a big peep. You can only imagine how much she loves them!
You know I cried. Inside anyway. I kept trying to say things to Steve but couldn't because I was all choked up.
Gotta send some pics of the Peeps. I just ate the last rock hard Peep yesterday.
Post a Comment