Thursday, October 8, 2009

Week 1

Did I hear rumors of snow? Slush? Ah...life in the southern parts is glorious. This morning I disciplined myself and went for a walk, exploring the western portion of the neighborhood walking trail. Along the way I met a woman who asked me for directions. Bad choice! But we walked a ways together and I found out that there is supposed to be a system of walking trails that completely encompasses the Aliante community. So more exploring is on the horizon. I use the term "trail" loosely. Here it means sidewalk.

Second cool thing -- twice a year Aliante has a huge community garage sale. Apparently the community gets a yard sale permit for the whole place, so all you have to do is price your stuff and wheel it out to the sidewalk. Now that's exactly what a woman in need of EVERYTHING needs right about now. And who know you'd need a permit to have a yard sale? I've got so much to learn.

Al and Ash arrived last night. Allen's at his UNLV dental interview this morning and Ashley's visiting Stephanie and Conner.

Steve is hopefully glorying in his successful trial at the mill. Yesterday was near disaster, but they pulled through and improved the process in the end.

And I washed windows. What a view!

No comments: