Today I really appreciated the friendly folks at our Clarkston bank. City banking is a whole different experience. I wanted to open a new business account with Bank #1 with whom we have done business for nearly 30 years. The problem is that Washington is an entity unto itself and does not link to any other state in the union via computer. Whenever we need to make a wire transfer or cashier's check away from home we have to jump through a lot of hoops to accomplish it. Unless we are in Washington, that is, where they know and love us and call us by name.
Before we even got started I had to hand over my driver's license and SS#. (Sad side note: Steve lost his driver's license Friday at the bank. He doesn't think they returned it to him in just such an exchange.) The woman behind the desk was nearly whispering in her efforts to keep our conversation private. I felt kind of sneaky already. Then I was escorted into a private room with Aaron to proceed with the application. Granted, Aaron was very nice, but without a ton of documentation which I don't have here with me, it was impossible.
So I went on over to Bank #2 where we also have an account. Anny pulled up my account with no proof of identity. She phoned the Clarkston branch and asked them to fax the documents she needed. She's calling later to set up an appointment for us to come in and sign the paperwork.
I think Bank #2 just won my business. Except for the gazillion checks I just bought for Bank #1, I think I could be swayed to change my allegiance. Bank #2 might even remember my name after awhile, and that would be nice.
1 comment:
Wow, can I relate. Story of my life. At least it got worked out. Those details are such a hassle. Hope you're getting settled into the new house!
Post a Comment