Thursday, May 28, 2009

Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack

Or maybe I'll pass. Steve and I are up to our eyeballs in peanuts after a week of NAIA Tournament Baseball, but what's a baseball game without a bag of peanuts and the "refillable for a buck" souvenier cup. Tomorrow night's the final game-- the Lubbock Christian Chaparrals vs. the Point Loma Sea Lions. OK, maybe Bantams aren't such a bad mascot. We weren't exactly sure what Chaparrals were so we looked it up.

Def: An almost impenetrable thicket or succession of thickets of thorny shrubs and brambles.


That's a mascot I've gotta see!

On another note, today we bought patio furniture!

Tomorrow morning I'm going to make myself a luscious smoothie and some wheat toast and read my scriptures on the deck. I always want to eat out there on summer mornings, but we've never had anything very inviting to sit on. Good-bye, uncomfortable white plastic chairs.
Hurray! A dream come true.

Picture coming soon... Sorry, I'm NOT posing in my jammies while reading my scriptures. Not an Internet friendly sight.

1 comment:

Rendy Tucker said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see! You guys have such a nice deck- that will be nice.