It's been so fun checking everyone's blog that I decided to join the fun. Of course most days aren't that exciting, but just keeping in touch is great.
Last night Steve and I walked to Family Foods to buy French bread for dinner. That is what I call multi-tasking -- exercise and errands all in one. It was already dark so we put on our reflective jackets and started out. It was pretty chilly, but beautiful. We smelled sage dressing, steak, and some other wonderful dish as we walked along. One of the benefits of walking at dinnertime, I guess. When we got home we ate with abandon.
Today Steve used the lawn blower and sucked up all the sycamore leaves stuck in the edges of the bushes. We've had a pretty good fall that way. The wind has been so kind to us, blowing all our leaves down the street. For this we feel only a wee bit sorry.
Windward
Awake at 2 a.m.
we hold our breath,
hoping the wind won't blow
aging shingles from the roof
and that with luck
our load of leaves
will catch the next gust
to the leeward side of town
where someone
opening his blinds
will see he's drifted in
with autumn's gold.
In the morning
we whisper apology
as we pass him
raking and raking
his treeless yard
a sweep of clean lawn
behind us.
4 comments:
I love that! You have such a way of noticing ordinary things in life and making something beautiful out of them. I'm glad you're blogging. And don't worry- none of us have something happening everyday. At least your blog will be grammatically correct! I shudder to think of the errors I've made.
Yay!! I'm looking forward to having another blog to keep me entertained at work :) I love picturing the two of you walking with your reflective jackets. It makes me miss Clarkston.
I love it! Your blog is officially way cuter than ours has ever been. :) We are excited to see everyone in a month...but until then...keep updating!!
(Sorry, I'm not grammatically correct either...I'll work on that:))
eating with abandon sounds so good right now.....your blog is beautiful!
Post a Comment