Thanksgiving morning Steve and I drove up to Vancouver for Thanksgiving with Scott and Jen's family. But first we stopped at Sports Authority because Scott had some 35% off coupons from someone in his elder's quorum presidency that we could use on Thanksgiving day. It was a friends and family sale, and even though we technically don't qualify for either, we did have the coupon in hand. We got some really great Christmas gifts.
Jen cooked up a scrumptious dinner as usual. Scott was in charge of smoking the turkey, and Derek and I made the appetizers -- olives and cheese on toothpicks. Ooops! They were out of toothpicks so we had to break skewers into toothpick sized pieces. We busted a few cheese cubes trying to load them on the skewers, but they turned out fine.
While we waited for dinner, Derek taught me how to play "Beat It" on the piano. I was a slow learner and he'd say things like, "I think you aren't getting the beat quite right. Try again." Or "Just close your eyes and listen to the rhythm." I played "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" for him one time and he had it down pat. Aughhhh!!!!
After dinner it was movie time. Scott took Derek and Nash to "Bolt" and Steve, Jen and I went to "Australia."
Maggie spent the night in Derek and Nash's room, but when Scott got up the next morning Maggie was snoozing in the bean bag chair. Bad dog!
Friday morning Derek and Nash came to the hotel to swim with Grandpa. Jen and I went on a Christmas shopping errand for HT's present...and I'm not saying where. :) Nash woke up at 4 a.m. so since Jen was already up, she hit the door buster sales on Black Friday.
Brad came over later and we practiced "California Dreaming" and "The Weight." It is way fun to sing with the band. We bought a new tamborine, a wood block and this other rhythm thing that I don't know what it's called. And some more rhythm shaker eggs. Scott is getting really good on the drums. It's so cool to have the drums playing with the guitar.
Then it down to Brad and Rendy's for Rendy's homemade pizza. Yum! Loy, Dave and Kara were there, too, so it was a fun party.
Saturday in Albany was so fun. The Ducks and the Beavers were getting ready for their big rivalry game. Everyone was wearing either green or orange. It kind of made us want to stay since we couldn't watch the game on TV in Clarkston. But the Beavers got creamed, so I guess we didn't miss much.
OK, Heather, how's that for a Thanksgiving update?
1 comment:
Very nice update!
Post a Comment