Thursday, November 12, 2009

LOST

Seriously, how many times can I get lost in one day? Let me tell you -- too many to count. First I missed the freeway exit to State College even though I saw a sign telling me of the upcoming exit. After I'd been driving for a long time I had a sneaking suspicion that I'd gone too far. Bingo! One look at the map showed me I was nearly to Phillipsburg. However, this wrong turn took me past the cutest country gift shop where I stopped, but didn't buy.

Finally... and I mean finally.... I got to State College. Mind you, I hadn't had any breakfast except half a bag of pink peppermints, and I was starving and sugar crazed. Lunch at Pandera saved me. OK, so the meters in State College are more reasonable -- 25 cents per twenty minutes. I love the 5 cent meter in Lock Haven, but State College was raking in the cash on their meters. They were packed.

I got some Christmas shopping done, then headed to the Penn State Visitor's Center.




This is an awesome stadium. It makes me want to put on blue and white and go to a football game.

On the way home, I went under the freeway, along side the freeway, doubled back by the freeway, and ended up driving up state highway something or other which was better anyway. I saw the most beautiful farmland of the trip, plus an Amish horse and buggy trotting along in the opposite direction.

And yes, I missed the last turn as well and had to go 3 miles down before I could turn back.

I feel like kissing the ground now that I'm back. I wasn't ever really lost...but geesh!

No comments: