Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Camping We Will Go...

Yesterday I met some of the Stake Girls Camp Cooks. We met at 8 a.m. and spent the morning shopping at a business Costco in downtown Vegas. We filled four flatbeds and two shopping carts with food to feed 300 mouths at camp next week. We have to return on Monday for meat, fresh produce and dairy products. It was a mountain of food.

Edie and I spent the afternoon sorting through the kitchen boxes, washing utensils, repacking and relabeling bins so we can find things at camp. Gaya and Mary Jo parceled out all the food into bins according to meals in the living room. We made 300 hamburger patties to freeze, sliced lunch meat, and packaged tenderloin. Whew! By 4:30 we were pooped.


But that wasn't the end. At 7:00 was the Camp Rally at the stake center. Each ward introduced their Book of Mormon character, and you know how fun girls can be. :) The best part was when we stood to sing the stake camp song - For Our Day. I always loved this song! Now I'll really love it. Ahhh... I love camp! Listen to it HERE.

The girls are just finishing up a 100 day Book of Mormon reading experience. Day 100 will be the last day of camp! It reminds me of the year we did the Iron Rod. I expect this will be a wonderful camp. I'm smiling from ear to ear. So glad I get to go.

(More about the Book of Mormon--Click on the book!)

On another note, it's been a scorcher here. I think 112 degrees is officially HOT! We spent nearly two hours playing in the pool after dinner tonight. We bought some little torpedoes which we tried to learn to throw through the water. It was fun, but we certainly haven't discovered a repeatable technique. Then we went to Costco and bought a chair and ottoman for the bedroom. Now I have my cozy place. :)

No comments: