Wednesday Brian and Marina met us at the airport in Sibiu. We went to the main plaza and had lunch, then drove to Cincis where Marina grew up. Her parents have worked hard to make the yard and house beautiful for the wedding.
Maria and Mircea chose a lovely room for us overlooking Lake Cincis. It has been a little rainy, but it's warm.

Yesterday we did a lot of errands getting ready for the wedding. We went to Castle Corvina because Marina had to decide which room to use for the wedding. Brian took us on a tour of the castle while they planned the wedding.
We met a lot of relatives, went shopping for a suit for Marina's dad, and went to the grocery store. They kept apologizing for dragging us around, but it's all new and interesting to us.
Maria and I have worked out a funny communication method between my meager Romanian and her English. We are doing better than last time.
They gave us Mircea's phone to use while here so they could call us. Last night the phone rang and when I answered it, it was a man speaking Romanian. I couldn't think how to say anything! Finally I stammered out "I am not Mircea!" Steve was laughing his head off.
This morning we met Marina's brother, Lucian, and her friend Angelina from Sweden. Today we're going to buy last minute drinks and fruit and flowers for the wedding.
Tomorrow is the big day!
1 comment:
Yay! Tell Brian and Marina we're thinking of them. I'm so jealous. Someday we will have to go over there. Maybe when all of our kids are big. :) Have fun and soak up all the beauty and tradition and culture!
Post a Comment