Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fa-la-la

Power shopping with Steve yesterday was great. Me, Miss Indecisive, and him, Mr. "They'll love this!" made a good team. I just followed him around and agreed except in the rare cases where I had to save someone from mature clothing or the flawed color palatte, as in potential red hair clash. It's hard after all these years to stop being the ultimate bargain shopper, durability tester, etc. and just go for gorgeous. I know, it's my fatal flaw. I did discover that I have awesome taste though. In Nordstroms I was drawn straight to the $565 leather jacket which was so soft you wanted to wear it just so you could pet it, and the cutest skirt on earth that cost a mere $168. Sorry, friends. We aren't that generous.

Can I just say it was cold out there? Which was good really because after being in Vegas it felt Christmasy and wonderful in an understated Oregon kind of way. No ba-da-bing here. I haven't been back to Oregon for awhile. I'm smiling to find myself feeling so comfortably Northwestern.

On the plane ride from Vegas I sat next to a man who had just run the Las Vegas marathon. I usually stick to my own personal space on an airplane, but we chatted the entire way from Vegas to Reno. We both rushed to our connecting flight to Portland, me worrying about whether my parents had made their flight, he wondering if he'd make his
haircut appointment, had next to each other numbers in the Southwest "line up for your seat" line. So...awkward moment. What do you do when you get on the plane? Find a place where you can resume your conversation, because by this time it was almost as if we were traveling together, or dive into the first available seat? I dove, but it felt like a ditch.

1 comment:

Rendy Tucker said...

Ooh- that would be awkward. :) I think you did the right thing- you don't want to be too chummy. And as far as the leather jacket- although tempting, I'm sure its best to leave behind any article of clothing you feel the need to pet while it is on your body. I wore a velvet dress to a dance once and had to resist the same urge all night. So soft. :)