Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Flat Tire

Steve dropped me at the airport yesterday to pick up the car Allen and Ashley left in long term parking. The lady at Flightcraft ran me over the terminal in the van and I caught the blue bus to the economy lot. Got off the bus by the first "post 3" that I saw which was M3. I didn't realize that the message on my phone said "O3" as in the letter O. It took me awhile to figure out that O3 was down at the far end of the parking lot.

As I walked along I could see the car right under the O3 sign, listing a bit to the left. Not a good sign. Sure enough, when I got close enough I saw I had a flat tire. I knew there was a Costco nearby, but I didn't know where and wasn't sure I could limp along that far anyway. The spare was also flat enough that I could squish it with my thumb. So at least I didn't have to try to change it.

The lady at the cashier booth sent the airport parking lot attendant over with a compressor and he had the tire pumped up in short order. Hallelujah.

Drove to the nearest Costco and they had a 3 1/2 hour wait for tire service. So I decided to go to the one near Scott and Jen's house. They had a 2 hour backup, but I didn't have much choice. There was no way I was going to drive back to Albany without getting that tire checked out. Sure enough it had a puncture so it's good I had it fixed.

Luckily for me Jen called as she was driving to pick up Derek from school and picked me up as well. It was a ton better than hanging out in Costco for a couple of hours.

I did have some fun shopping planned while in Portland, but you know... the best laid plan. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Rendy Tucker said...

I'm glad it worked out! Sorry I wasnt more help. :)