With all the cool stuff we've been doing the past three weeks, I should be blogging about Vegas, swimming, cruising, Mexico and fun. But.... I'm a little behind, so I'm just going to skip all that and go right to today.
Each week our ward gives us a handout suggesting something to buy for your food storage. At the end of a year you should have food storage for two if you follow the plan. So here it is:
Week 1: 8 cans of tuna Extra purchase: 8 rolls of toilet paper
Week 2: 8 cans Cream of Chicken Soup Extra Purchase: Laundry Soap to last 2 months
Week 3: 20 lbs white sugar or honey Extra Purchase: Enough dish soap for 3 months
That's as far as we've gone, but it seems pretty doable. Even if you only did the food part, it would be a good start.
My plan is to buy 1/3 of it for each house. That way I'll be 1/3 prepared wherever I am! I'll try to remember to post the item of the week each Sunday. I've found this little nudge has helped me get more serious about it. Maybe it will help you, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment